Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Flu Rss

Hi everyone,

My little boy who is 7 1/2 months old has just come down with the flu. He had a terrible night last night, he kept waking up every 2 hours or so, and I just gave him baby panadol every 4-5 hours, which helped with his fever, but not much else. The doctor has prescribed some antibiotics and Dimetap Junior. His ears and chest where clear, she said that it was a good thing I bought him in before it spread.

What other things can I do to make my baby more comfortable, mainly at night?

Thanks all.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi Sam,

I have a 12 month old who seems to have a colds every other day!!!! Anyway, I use Dimetapp Infant drops, i'm not sure they are the same as Dimetapp Junior, but they probably achieve the same thing. The Dimetapp usually make him sleepy so thats good for night time. Dimetapp can also be used at the same time as Panadol as it won't reduce fever. I also rub euky bear on his chest to help him clear his stuffy nose & sometimes i have used a "plug in" vapouriser. You can buy them at coles for about $15 & they have eucalyptus in them and it fills his room, this usually helps with his breathing. Its called Breathe Ezi. I know it sounds like a lot of "stuf" to do, but it usually works for my boy. I hope it works for you......anythings worth a try hey!!!!!

Good luck & I hope he feels better soon, it's awful when they are sick & miserable.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Sam

Try the Karvol caplets they are like vicks u cut one open & put it on babys pillow and it has like a menthol smell that just clears their nose, also Medic you spray it in there room I have used both with my kids and they just give a bit of relief.

Hope he feels better soon

Bec
Hi Sam

Your poor little boy.
My son has a bad cold at the moment and he also started waking up through the night as he could not breath with his nose or coughed himself awake.

We found putting a little bit of vicks on a tissue and putting it under is clothes helped to keep his nose clear and raising his mattress at the head end helped too.

We also sprayed his cot with watered down lavender (only a tiny bit)

And just lots and lots of cuddles and kisses.

I hope this helps

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

Hi Michelle, Bec & Tineka,

Thank you all so much for your responses. I will definitely try your ideas, one at a time, I'm sure he'll feel better in a couple of days.

Regards,
Sam

Mum to toddler

Sign in to follow this topic