Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

how many of you??? Rss

compare your child to everyone elses? your children are individuals they all learn at different rates. just cuz a book say they have to roll over at 5 months dont mean your son or daughter is gonna she might be 4 months he might be 8 months. all our children are special. all learn faster or slower than other children. if there is something dramatically not happening then it should be taken up with someone who knows what they are talking about other wise dont stress they are precious little beings who are all different. some big some small some faster some slower but all special beautiful gifts from god. cherish them. love them...

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Narelle

Like I have been told if you put five 5 year olds in a line could you tell which one was breastfed which one was bottlefed which one got a tooth 1st,crawled 1st,walked 1st etc. No I don't think so your right they all do it when THEIR ready.
I definately agree, I find it very hard when I can see people comparing my 4 month old Georgia to their child when they were four months. Baby Development is not a competition, instead of worrying about beating the child next door to walk, it is much more satisfying watching your child grow and enjoy their milestones when they happen, for it is so special and so very unique.
I agree with both of you! Every child is different and every child develops differently and at defferent stages to others! Booka are great for advice but we shouldn't rely on the so much, we should listen a watch our children to see when their ready, what is troubling them and so on! Our mothers and their mothers never had so many books to read on child care they just went with their instincts and we are still alive and thriving! Don't get me wrong some advice is good but only a mother knows what is truely best for their child!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I also agree. Every baby has their own little ways. But I do find it nice to talk to other mums.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

it is true. my mum had 4 new grandchildrew in 2002, 2 girls ( 1 in april and 1 in may) and 2 boys (both in september- 14 hrs apart). each is completely different. some walk at 8 mtns others at 14 mths,all got teeth at different stages but each have their own personality and loved by all the family.

trudy,nsw,mum to kai 5 & chelsea 21 mths

Sign in to follow this topic