Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Bad Teether Rss

Hi, just want to know if anyone has had a baby who teeths really badly - and buy this I mean they have extremely high temperatures and can go for hours and hours without any sleep unless cuddled or walked around. (24 hours sometimes!!) I am trying to help a friend who is going through this at the moment and I think she is going out of her mind. Her daughter is 8 1/2 months old and now has 7 teeth with another one coming through. The doctors say the high temps have nothing to do with the teething but can not find any other explanation. She is sometimes feeding well on the breast and other times whats no part of it. She does eat her solids pretty well though. She wants no part of bonjela teething gel or panmol anymore. Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this.

Deena NZ New mum

Hi Deena,
My sypathies go out to your friend. I was in a similat situation with my first child, although it wasn't as bad as your friends. When Aiden was cutting his 18 month molars, he too had high temps and vomiting, and wouldn't sleep. The doctors all say that pulling at their ears with earache, temps etc have nothing to do with teething, but what else can it be when they are otherwise healthy? The only thing I could do with my son, was hold him down and force panadol into him. (just 1 ml at a time or he would vomit, over a five minute period, then give him a drink). I also use to wet a washer and put it in the freezer. Leave it there for about 15 -20 minutes, then wrap a couple of ice cubes in it. Scrunch it up and tie the ice cubes in it with a scrunchie hair tie, so they don't fall out. Aiden use to suck and bite on the cold of the iced washer and it would numb his gums. The rough texture of the washer being dragged along his gums also helped the teeth to cut through. My mother in law also recommended to give him a cold teaspoon to bite on, but the washer worked for us. Tell your friend good luck from me, and I hope this will work for her. Make sure she keeps up her babies fluids while she has high temps too!
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Sign in to follow this topic