Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

still no teeth Rss

hi, is it common for 7 month old babies to not have any teeth ??
hi Lou,
Guess what? My nephew didnt get any teeth untill he was 14 months! But then got 5 all at once! And they are very cute indeed.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi Lou,
Don't panic. My youngest son didn't get his first tooth until he was 7 months old, and this is the only one he has now, with no sign of anymore coming through. He is now 8.5 months old. It is actually better if there teeth come through late, as then they won't lose their baby teeth until later in primary school. This means their 2nd teeth have a better chance of lasting longer without fillings. I had a mouthfull of teeth but the time I was 4 months old, but then I was only 3.5 years old, when they started falling out. My daughter was the same, but she was 4.5 when she started losing her baby teeth. She is only 8 now, but has ALL her 2nd set of teeth. They have come through crooked and she has to wear a plate to straighten them. My older son is 10.5 years old, and he still has a lot of his baby teeth left. He was 7.5months when his first tooth came through. Don't worry, they will come through, and have a better chance of being and staying healthy. (PS. All my children brush their teeth twice a day. Don't use any toothpaste on your babies teeth until 12 months of age, as this can ruin their teeth.)
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

My son did not get his first tooth till he was almost 10 months old then his second tooth a week later then 2 weeks later another tooth and so on mind u he is now 2 years old and has more teeth than his cousin who got teeth almost 6 months before him!

Amanda 2yr and 7mth

hi well my daughter is 8mths old and still has no teeth 2 have come through and then gone back down again but that was a long time ago and she has been teething for ages but they just wont come through and stay through i aint worried about it they will come when they ready.
nothing to worry about, they'll come my first son was 10 mths before he had any teeth & then 2 teeth in a week every 2 mths and the twins are 9 & 1/2 mths & just this week one got 2 teeth one day & the other 1 tooth the next day (what a week)!!!

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

Sign in to follow this topic