Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Spewy Bubba Rss

Hello Everyone,

Georgia is 14 weeks old, after every breast feed she projectile vomits.

I have re-evaluated my diet and now Georgia does not suffer colic anymore so that is good!

I have spoken to my local early childhood nurses (though they are not doctors) and they said Georgia looked healthy and not to worry about it too much. Their point of view was that since Georgia is putting on weight, all is good.

But poor buba, does not seem to bother her, Should I be going to a GP?
Hi,
Don't bother going to the doc. Unless it upsets her or she starts losing weight theres nothing they can give her. My girls the same, she just vomits all the time. I've started taking her to a chiropractor and that certainly helps, and you know when she needs to go back again. The technical name for what our bubs have is "happy chucker", that's what the health clinic calls it. They suggested to me to treat her like a reflux baby, propping one end of the cot up, feeding her slightly elevated and not moving her for 20 mins after a feed. It helped a little but not much. I was going to say change her formula, but then I read shes breast fed. Some babes are just chuckers and eventually they grow out of it. What I want to know is WHEN!!!!
Have fun

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

hi, sorry I dont have any advice. But I was wondering how what foods you changed to stop colic?

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Thanks Lisa, it helps knowing I am not the only one out there! I feel alot better, will try the chiropractor, Goodluck with your buba, thanks so much.......Hi Michelle, I cut out caffiene and milk from my dietonly 3 days ago, I love iced coffees and drink them like it is going out of fashion, I replaced them with water and i have noticed a huge difference, I think it was mainly the iced coffees that were doing the damage I think...........
Hi,

I also have a very spewy baby he has been since he was born and is always projectile vomitting sometimes straight after a feed and sometimes hours after. He is now 5 months old and nothing has changed.
I Also took him to the doc and they said as long as he doesn't seem to be in any pain or losing any weight than not to worry about it. But it isn't the nicest thing in the world seeing your little baby spewing everywhere.

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

My daughter was the same, she had trouble gaining weight, though. I was told many times that she didn't have reflux because she was not upset but I knew I needed to do something to help her gain weight. She was bottle fed (expressed for 3 months, then formula) because she had no sucking reflex and lost alot of weight in hospital. I finally called a hospital help line and they told me to try Infant Gaviscon (can either be given with the bottle or mixed with boiled water and given on a spoon)and S26AR (thickened formula) when she went on to formula.
This helped her start to gain weight and she has been following the 'average' line on the charts ever since. She was still often sick but only 2 to 3 times a day instead of every feed. A few of the other things that seemed to help were to have her upright in a rocker, pram or reclinable highchair as much as possible and especially for the first hour after every feed - very hard to do for a very young baby but shouldn't be too hard for yours, and smaller feeds were also recommended. My daughter was happy to go along with that as she didn't seem able to handle normal amounts of milk and started off managing up to 30 mls at a time, then going to 100mls which she was on until well after she started solids.
Lucy is now 14 months old and still has reflux, although not as bad. She has half cows milk (or normal formula) and half AR (reflux) formula in her bottle and is fine with solids - excepts the ones that have chunks with a liquid sauce. She is also much worse when she has a cold as any coughing agrevates it.
I hope this helps. It isn't too hard to manage once you know what to look out for but always be prepared, just in case.

Good luck,

Broni.

Lucy's Mum

hi,

Yet another mother of a spewy baby. My son is almost seven months and still spews after most feeds. It is always worse when we are out or busy or around a lot of people. I think it is because of the handling. As far a the feeding goes, I think Karicare make a food thickener you get from chemists. I am pretty sure you can use this if breast feeding to help thicken the milk. I think you give it before or after the feed. It is sold with the formula. Other than this I dont have anything new to add, just support, and knowing we are not alone.

Good Luck

Danielle.

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

I feel much more relaxed about it now. I have noticed though by drinking more water and eating better has helped reduce Georgia;s throwing up. (I am still breast feeding)

Thanks goodness there are people out there with the same thing! Thankyou everyone for being such a great help.
Mishka,

About the colic - my little one is just starting to grow out of it at 12 weeks old. I found that the worst foods for me to eat were those high in sugar ie. biscuits, cakes, etc. Also foods like onion, tomato, garlic and even if you eat a lot of greens together.

Moderation is still the best.

Cheers
Wendy

Wendy, 1st bub Connor b.26/Oct

hi lisa, i was just wondering what does the chiropractor do that helps the vomiting subside? my bub used to vomit after every feed! now he doen't do it so much, but even if i burp him and nothing comes up, he can be happily playing and like an hour later he'll vomit! not all the time now though ... maybe once a day at most. its at no particular time either! i eat healthy, very little sweet foods ... but he is gaining weight so the nurse told me not to worry too.

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Sign in to follow this topic