Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

MY 5MONTH OLD DOESNT LAUGH Rss

HI, i dont know if i am worrying for nothing but my 5 month old doesnt laugh, never has. she smiles alot and talks but not laughing.. is this normal? any sugguestions?

Tania,SYD,13mth girl. tania_heather@yahoo.com.au

Hi Tanya,

My first daughter didn't smile till just after 3mths. I believe it is because i didn't smile ar her much. I was too busy learning how to change that nappy, or getting her to latch on properly or something along those lines! As for laughing she didn't do it till after 6mths.

Second time around, i made a huge effort to smile and laugh at my son. He isn't even 4mths and he smiles and giggles, with only the smallest encouragement! grin

Your daughter is definately normal, maybe she just needs someone to giggle to and with. Not that i'm saying you don't already do that!! Just an idea!

Wishing you lots of chuckles soon wink
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hi well my 5 1/2 mth old daughter dosent laugh all that much but she has laughed a few times but she only laughed for the first time about 2 or 3 weeks ago some babies just take time to learn things some babies laugh all the time and some dont it takes me a fare bit to get my daughter to laugh she would rather squeal all the time then laugh.
Thanks alot guys i will try encouraging her to laugh by laughing with her thanks... i think every first time parent wonders if their child is developing ok

Tania,SYD,13mth girl. tania_heather@yahoo.com.au

my girl didnt laugh till she was almost 8 months old although she smiled and babbled lots, we found that tickling her tummy made her laugh

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic