Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Drinking Less Rss

Hi my name is Kim, i have a beautiful 9mth old baby girl, Krystal.

Krystal is a really good eater and usually drinks around 4-5 200ml bottles a day. But in the last couple of days she has only been having at least 2-3bottles, and sometimes doesn't finish all of it. She just doesn't seem to be getting as hungry as she used to a few days ago. She is teething at the moment, so maybe that has something to do with why she isn't drinking as much as usual. She is a very happy and playful baby and isn't screaming for food. I know if she was hungry she would let me know, but it still gets me a little worried.

Has anyone else had this problem with their baby?

Would love to hear back from anyone!

Thanks, Kim smile

Kim, QLD, 2yrs 11mths girl - Krystal

hi Kim
my daughter is teething too but she's eating less solids and more milk.
abut as they say if baby is happy and playful ,don't worry.
By the way, how may teeth does Krystal have now?

mary

mary.NSW 11 month baby

HI Mary,

Thanks for your reply.

Krystal has 2 teeth, down the bottom. Hopefully she will be getting some more thru soon.

How old is your little girl?

Is she handling teething ok?

Kim.

Kim, QLD, 2yrs 11mths girl - Krystal

Hi Kim
I have an almost 8 mth boy. His milk intake changes all the time. On a "normal" day, he will drink 4-5 200mL bottles - however some days he drinks less depending on his mood. Reece shows signs of teething though hasn't actually got any teeth yet - I've been told the teething process can go on for months. So if Reece is having an off day, he will only drink 3 bottles max. I don't struggle with him - if he wants his milk and/or solids, I'll feed him. But if he doesn't, I try not to stress (though it is frustrating) and don't force him. As everyone says, if they're happy and healthy you're doing everything right!
Hi Kim, I have an 8 month old girl called Ella.

Ella loves her food and eats pretty much everything that is on offer and has 4 x 200ml bottles per day. However most days it's a struggle to get all of the bottles into her and she has these before solids, the only ones she pretty much finishes are the ones atbreakfast and dinner.

My mother said I was the same and would only drink enough to satisfy myself.

All babies are different and not typical textbook babies. If she is happy and growing and alert, try not to worry to much after all they have minds of their own and if she doesn't want to drink her milk you can't make her.

If you want to ever email me, you can on loulou_074@hotmail.com.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

hi kim
Angelika has 2 bottom teeth as well.
She is nearly 8 1/2 months and she got the upper right side tooth come out.
hopefully it will go back up (same thing happened when when her first teeth came up, the other side tooth came down then disappeared.)
she's taking it ok you know bonjela etc.
now she has a touch of the flu like all of us but she is coping well and drinking more milk again I'll never be able to wean her I think lol.
take care sorry I took my time in replying I'm also looking around to move house phewwww.
take care kim
Mary

mary.NSW 11 month baby

Sign in to follow this topic