Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

crawling at what age ????? Rss

Hi there just a bit of question as to when your baby started to crawl, I know all babies are different and all develop at different stages but my baby girl is just 4 1/2 months old and has started to get up on all fours and rock back and fourth (she gets really high) my first baby didn't do this for ages so I am just curious, I am worried she may hurt herself
any help ?????

melanie,Qld

Hi Melanie,

My daughter did this from 5 months too! Your little girl is just eager to get out into the world! She walked at 9.5 months, so watch out!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

My daughter was crawling around the house by 5.5 months, she did the rocking thing and crawled backwards for a few weeks before that!
She walked at 10 months and was well and truly running by her first b'day!!!!!!
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

You guys have some very early starters as my boy is 7 months and can only shuffle backwards commando style, if that even, so Ill be surprised if he is walking by 12months.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

My son started rolling at 7months and is now army crawling at 8months..I think boys are a little slower doing these things unlike girls.
My boy was crawling by 5 months. He is now 8 months and is standing alone and racing around furniture - he knows no fear! I often wish for that sweet little boy who layed quietly whilst I changed his nappy! Now we have WWF at every nappy change! Good luck.
I think every child is different..boy or girl! My son was crawling really well at 5 months and was walking extremely well by 9 months and running by 10.5 months! My little girl on the other hand is now 6 months and hasn't bothered to craw anywhere but rather chooses to shuffle on her belly or roll...she may or may not be walking by 12 months, as some babies don't crawl they just all of the sudden start pulling themselves up and standing then walking. I am gald however she is taking longer to get to these milestones as after having one really early crawler and walker you feel that every thing has just gone by so fast and if you blink you would miss it, so I'm glad she is taking her time and enjoying just rolling!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi,

My son started crawling at 6 months & started pulling himself up & walking around furniture at the same time. He was off & walking at 9 1/2 monhs & is about to turn 1 next week. He's running everywhere & really keeps me on my toes!!! His 3 year old sister crawled at 8 months but didn't walk until she was 13 months! Goes to show they are all different. It's great to see them enjoying themselves & getting around, whatever method they use.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi there my first daughter crawled at 6 mths and was walking by 10 mths, she looked so funny because she was so tiny, and was a premmie baby as well and the doctors could not believe it, she is now six, my youngest is 7 mths and she is not crawling yet just surfs on her tummy, hasnt found all fours yet, all babys are so different i think i would rather her crawling and walking later, you seem to be able to get more things done, but once they are up there is no stopping them. When my first daughter started walking at 10mths i had to go to a xmas party for my mums work and one of the nurses said to me that it was terrible that she was walking so young, i said to her what do you want me to do chain her to a chair, once there ready theres just no stopping. make sure you lock everything up and out of her reach

tayla 16/08/03

Hi there mazjones, my son started to do the same thing as your daughter when he was 5 months, but still isnt crawling. Personally i think that each baby is differnt and they do thing in their own time when they fell ready to.

Hayley, NZ, 6mth son

Hi mazjines,

My daughter crawled at 9 months, walked at 11 months and was running at 13 months... Prior to that she showed no interest in getting around, she was often just happy to sit and watch the world go by...

Now at 16 months I can't get her to sit still.

Enjoy this time smile
Hi there,

My little boy is 7 months old and is nowhere near crawling, he doesn't even like to lie on the floor most of the time. He has had reflux since he was 2 weeks old and still has it so he feels very uncomfortable sleeping on his back and even worse on his tummy. He does lay on his side for a little while the start to cry until I pick him up off the floor. I feel he will just get up on furniture then walk, I don't think he will be a crawler. As most of you say, every baby is different. I am in no hurry for him to do any of those things, I'm just happy enjoying him as he is, he will do all those things when he is ready.

Mum to toddler

Sign in to follow this topic