Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

August 2004 Babies Rss

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any babies out there born in August 2004 and how they are doing.

Cayley was born 15th August right on due date for the scan, one day early from the midwifes date. 7lb 8oz.

She is growing so fast.

Would love to catch up with other parents of babies the same age.

Cayley & Andrea

Cayley''''''''s Mum 15.8.04

Hi...my son was born 18th August. He's great fun, laughs and makes alot of different cooing noises. He was rolling occasionally from back to stomach but has stopped. I've had touble with him feeding from about 2 months. He's bottle fed and is a very fussy feeder. I'm lucky sometimes if he takes 100 ml even 4 hours after the last feed. He's just under 7kg and was 3.5kg born. I tried brest feeding but got mastitis then an infection so had to put him on the bottle from about 2 weeks old. Hated having to stop but couldn't be helped. How about your bub? Howz things going?

Christine-Brandon born 18/8/04 Drew born 11/2/06

Hi Chrissycoo,

Great to hear from you.

Cayley is making lots of cooing noises too with a few sqeals thrown in - hard on the ears if she's on your shoulder! Does laugh, but not very often although she is full of smiles. She is only rolling on to her side at the moment - still trying to figure out what to do with her hands. Almost sitting up on her own though, so I guess that is good.
She is also bottle fed. Had lots of trouble breast feeding. At first she wouldn't latch on, then when she was about 3 wks, Like you I had a breast infection same as you - boy, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! Finally got her to latch properly about 2 months, but was already partially bottle feeding her as I was getting realllly sick of expressing. She ended up only having 2 BF's a day & the rest bottle. About 12 wks, she finally decided bottle was easier and that was that. She too has days when she refuses to eat - like you, sometimes it's a stuggle just to get 100mls down her. What I can't understand, is often her smallest feed is the first on of the day even after sleeping 10 or 11 hrs. Weird - thought that would be the biggest!
Cayley was born 3.75kg and is now about 7.8kg - not sure how accurate my scales are (I get on & see the scary sight of my weight, then get on with her!) She is quite tall, so doesn't seem too fat.

Your boy sounds like her is a good weight. Is he sleeping through the night? Bet he got spoilt rotten for Christmas. Cayley did as she is the first Grandchild on both sides.

Well, better go feed the angel - time for solids, some days she loves them, other days won't even open her mouth.

Catch you later,

Andrea

Hi Andrea

Wow that's great she is almost sitting on her own. We are too careful i think to let him roll around too much because our little one had reflux problems but it seems to be settling now. I would admire seeing mums lay their babies down on a play mat because we have to keep him upright until at least 2.5hrs after a feed. Is so frustrating cause he loves just rolling around. He luvs his hands too. I actually think he's teething because he's pulling at his ears alot apart from chewing his hands 24/7. I noticed last night what i think is a tooth coming through. It's weird because a girlfriends little girl is 11 months with no signs of teeth. Each baby is different i guess. Has Cayley showed any signs yet?

Yeah we've been really lucky with his sleep. From about 6 weeks he'd sleep 5-6 hrs then by 8 weeks he was sleeping 6-8hrs and by 12 weeks anywhere from 7-12hrs. A the moment he's averaging 10hrs each night with 2 good 1 1/2 to 2hrs sleeps in the day and 2 of 45mins so i feel very lucky. How about Cayley?(luv that name)

With his feeding it's funny cause usually he'll have nearly 200ml first thing in the morning but after that the struggle begins for the rest of the day...

This is my first so it's all very new to me. I really couldn't have imagined how much joy they bring to your life. I wasn't maternal at all before having him so i was a little worried but i love being a mum. I want 3 or 4 children now!!!!SCARY

Enough of me rambling on...

Christine

P.S tried him on rice cereal yesterday for the first time and he wouldn't have a bar of it...screwed his nose up. Will try again today

Hi Christine,

Funny how babies are similar in their habits and so different at the same time. Like the feeding. Like you, I have trouble getting Cayley to feed, but she is the other way around and wants more later in the day!

Sorry to hear about Brandon's reflux. About 4 of the babies in our antenatel group have got it, a couple of them are really bad.

Like Brandon, Cayley's hands are facinating to say the least. She also like to stare at her feet in the bath. Just about got soaked last night, thought splashing around was a great idea! What does Brandon think of water? Cayley's favourite would have to be showers with Daddy - never wants to get out!

Cayley has also been having teething problems - I wish that they would come through, then at least the pain would go away. Have got all the usuals in stock (Bonjela, Pamol + even some homeopathic stuff)

Solids - Cayley hates the rice cereals, have tried plain and flavoured. I think she can smell it, because if she sees it coming, she won't open her mouth. Have tried her on a couple of the tins of fruit, went sort of OK, but by far, the most successful has been vegetables, especially potatoes. I cooked up a couple, processed them and the froze in ice cube trays. I just mixed them with a little formula to thin the mixture out.

Like you, Cayley is my first - what a shock to the system and a HUGE learning curve. All of a sudden, I don't have time to do things, although its amazing what you can accomplish when they are asleep! Would love more, but I think we'll stop at two though. A frien visited yesterday and mentioned that she was pregnant with no.2, Hubby said after she left - I spose you want another one now - my reply - would love one except for the credit card debt! Get rid of that and there will be no stopping me! Looking at going back to work soon just to work on that. Trying to get night work so I don't have to put Cayley in Day Care - probably selfish, but I want to spend as much time as I can (don't want to miss anything!)

Anyway - enough of me - only turned the computer on to check the email, found one from Huggies and couldn't resist replying!

Well, time to go and do some more of that neverending pile called washing (half my own fault cause Cayley is wearing cloth nappies!)

Enjoy Brandon.

Andrea

Hi,

Just thought if you would like to email me direct - cayleyward@hotmail.com

Have a good day,

Andrea

Hi I too have an August born onthe 27th 2004, he is geting around the room quite well some way or another, he started soilds when he was about 17 weeks and just loved then. Who are your Babies going
H Zoem.

Great that your boy likes solids. Cayley will love them some days and refuse to open her mouth other days.
Moving round the room - bet that's keeping you hopping! Cayley only going in circles on her mat at the moment. Wriggles alot more with her nappy off!
What did you name your son?
Any signs of teeth yet? My little one keeps trying, but they are always a no show!
Andrea

Hi Andrea
My sons name is Tallan he was born with his two front bottom teeth but they fell out when he was about 6 weeks old, i think he is trying to get his back top tooth, theres a white bit back there.
He moved out into the hallway the other day looking for me i guess. wont be long and your little one will be on the move too.
Dont they just love having the nappy off
Bye Zoe
Hi Andrea and Zoe

Had visitors all week so have had little time to chat. Hi Zoe also. How interesting that your son had teeth then they fell out...my little one has just started teething and i too can see a little white bit. He's gone off his bottle...has teething affected Tallan? Like you Andrea, i've been giving him panadol and putting the bonjela on his gums which is helping a little.

That is so cute him having a shower with his dad. Brad is scared he'll drop him cause he may get slippery. I'm going to take him in with me on the weekend. He loves his bath but it makes him vomit. I think it stimulates the acids in his stomach which within 5 mins of taking him out his whole bottle comes up so we whip him in and out as quick as we can.

Have tried him on the cereal with a little pureed apple which he still gagged so tried pumpkin yesterday but with little luck. Maybe he's not ready but i'll give it a few more days yet.

Yeah I'm going to have to go back...the mortgage still needs to be paid and it's tough on one wage. I'm like you, i'd rather night work but will go back to my job only part-time though.

Better go...he's just woken

Have a great day

Christine

Hi Christine & Zoe,

Went to visit some other Mum's from our antenatel group today - one boy has got his two front bottom teeth - with no problems too I might add! Wish we were so lucky! Boy does teething make them drool though - going through lots of clothes each day cause Cayley is soaking through everything, including the bib!

With Tallan moving that far, it must be exciting. I'm looking forward to Cayley moving, but dreading it also cause of all the stuff she could get into (things that I maybe haven't thought about baby proofing!

The nappy off is definately a wonderful thing! Christine, I just had a thought, for the shower, someone once suggested to me if Cayley gets too slippery to shower her in a singlet. Never tried it, but it may work.

Got a interview tomorrow with the guy about night work, but its only casual, but the regional manager has found me a few hours in one of the branches of the bank in town, so I guess its off to work I go!

Well, I'm supposed to be doing the company accounts, so I better go.

Have a great day everyone.

Andrea

Hi

My little girl isabella was born on the 3rd of august a week early and weighing 7lb 15oz. She is very active and is currently trying to crawl.
She has just got her first tooth, and we didn,t even realise.
I live on a dairy farm and am board stiff now that im not working so i have just discovered this site, mabye now i wont be so board.

Nice to read all your entries, I dont know anyone else with a baby born in august.

Jo

jo, kids, 13, 11, 8 & 2yrs

Sign in to follow this topic