Thai lamb salad
Keywords: iron, conception, male fertility, female fertility, protein
Drizzled with a zesty lime and chilli dressing, this special lamb salad is sure to become a fast favourite for the whole family.
- 2 lamb eye of loin [backstraps]
- canola oil
- 100g salad leaves
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red salad onion, sliced
- 2 fresh mangoes, sliced
For Lime and Chilli Dressing
- 1 tbsp lime and chilli sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander or mint
- Brush lamb with a little oil to stop surface drying out and sticking to BBQ plate or char grill.
- Toss salad vegetables and mangoes in a salad bowl.
- Cook lamb to preference, cover and rest about 2 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Toss the sliced lamb in dressing, then with salad. Serve immediately.
For a taste variation, replace mangoes with fresh papaya. Also try adding cooked, rinsed rice, or cellophane noodles, chopped into bite-sized lengths.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...