Roast Chicken with Artichokes, Tomatoes and Garlic
Keywords: parenting, conception, male fertility, protein
A subtle twist on the traditional roast, this recipe is full of flavor and texture, as well as a good source of anti-oxidants. Eating antioxidants is an easy way to boost a man’s fertility, as well as improve overall health in both women and men.
- 1 whole chicken (large)
- 2 ½ lemons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole head garlic, cloves separated (not peeled)
- 250ml (approx 1 cup) dry white wine
- 9 half artichoke hearts, marinated in oil, drained and cut into 4 slices each
- 15 kalamata olives, stoned and halved
- 9 semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1. Put chicken in a bowl and sprinkle lemon juice over it. Place the squeezed lemon halves inside the chicken, cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator during the night. If possible, turn the chicken a few times.
2. When ready to cook, season the chicken with salt and pepper and place onto a rack in a baking dish. Place the garlic cloves around the chicken and pour the wine into the dish.
3. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C for fan forced oven) and bake for 1 hour or until almost cooked, and remove as much fat as possible from the dish. Add the artichokes, olives, tomatoes and 125ml (1/2 cup) water and cook a further 20 minutes, or until the chicken is perfectly cooked.
4. Cut the chicken into serving pieces and serve immediately on a heated platter. Surround it with the vegetables and pan juices. We recommend to squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin and eat them along with the other vegetables.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...