Vegie lasagne with silverbeet
Category: baby care
Ever wondered how you could possibly get the kids to eat silverbeet? This recipe is great way to take this underrated vegie (it’s high in vitamins A, K and C) turn it into a lip smacking meal for the family.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Shredded Carrots
- 1 Red Capsicum (Sliced into thin strips)
- 8 to 10 Silverbeet Leaves (discard the white part of the silverbeet)
- 500gm Shredded Mozarella Cheese
- 500gm Lasagne Pasta
1. To a warm pan add a few table spoons of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Chop an onion and add the chopped onion to the pan, stir until the onion reaches a golden colour.
3. Add two shredded carrots and one thinly sliced capsicum to the pan, stir frequently until both have softened.
4.To the mix add sliced silverbeet leaves(use only the leaves and discard the white parts). 5.Add a bit of water, salt and pepper and let it simmer until the silverbeet has softened.
6. Butter a lasagne dish and pour a glass of water into the bottom of the dish (this is done to make the pasta softer).
7. Lay the lasagne sheets at the bottom of the dish then follow by placing the silver beet mixture on top followed by shredded mozzarella cheese, apply the same method until you no longer have any lasagne sheets or the mixture left.
8. Spread the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the lasagne.
9. Preheat the oven, place the lasagne in the oven and bake it for approximately 50 minutes.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...