Leek, Zucchini, Pea and Mint risotto
Category: baby care
Keywords: baby care
Great mix of ingredients and a delicious taste! For the rest of the family or older children, this Risotto can be served without pureeing.
- 1 litre of salt reduced chicken stock
- 30g of butter
- 2 zucchini’s quartered and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 leek halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 2 cups of peas (frozen are fine)
- 1/3 cup of tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of finely chopped mint leaves
- Bring the stock and rice to the boil in large saucepan. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for approx. 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stand covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large fry pan and add the garlic when the butter is melted. When the garlic has just cooked add the Zucchini and Leek and stir until both are soft. Add the Peas (defrost frozen peas first) and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the Zucchini, Leek and Garlic with the rice in the large saucepan used to cook the rice. Top with tasty cheese, grated parmesan and mint leaves and gently stir together.
- For babies puree the mixture and serve. Freeze remaining portions in freezer trays or enjoy as a family meal.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...