Chicken and Creamed Corn with Cous Cous
Category: baby care
Keywords: baby care, picky eaters
A nice introduction of meats to the diet, this yummy meal will be a delight for the little ones!
- 50-100gms fresh chicken breast of thigh meat
- 1 cup of cous cous
- 1 small tin of creamed corn
- Food processor
- Grill or pan fry chicken.
- Once cooled, process in food processor or chop finely to resemble finely minced meat (I use whatever is left over from cooking dinner, generally around 50-100g of chicken but you could use more if desired).
- Prepare one cup of cous cous according to instructions on packet.
- Combine cous cous with chicken and a small tin of creamed corn.
- Alternatively, use a cup of frozen corn that has been cooked thoroughly and processed in the food processor.
- Add a little water if you want to make the mixture more like a puree.
- Makes enough for several meals for baby.
- Perfect to serve straight away or freezes very well.
- When defrosting, add a little water to help bind the ingredients.
- The individual quantity of the different ingredients doesn’t matter too much, I usually go by taste.
- You can add other vegetables to this as well, my favourite is roasted sweet potato!
This recipe is good because it provides protein in the chicken, has vegetables in it and also provides texture in the cous cous. At first, if the mixture is too textured for baby, just put it back in the food processor or blender with a little water to make it smoother.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...