Cheesy Lentil Puree
Category: baby care
Keywords: baby care, early nutrition, getting started, start solids
We think this makes a great meal for a baby and can also be served as a side dish for your toddler. It’s packed full of goodness!
- 1 small onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 50g red capsicum (cored, deseeded and chopped)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp lentils
- 500ml boiling water or unsalted vegetable stock (I make my own homemade vegie stock to give it extra flavour)
- 100g cheddar cheese
- Saute the onion, carrot and red pepper in the vegetable oil for 3-4 mins.
- Rinse the lentils, add them to the pan and pour over the boiling water or vegie stock.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 mins or until the lentils are mushy. Add a little more water if necessary but there should be only a little water left in the pan.
- Stir in the cheese and puree till smooth.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...