Huggies Forum

print

what are the chances of having twins? Rss

hi ladies i have never really thought about twins so much until now i always get told i will have twins, i have had dreams i had twins etc. ok so is hereditry? sorry spelling sad my mums mum was twin she said they were not identical as they didnt look but she said she dosent know she said back then it wasnt like now when they can tell u if they r in diff sacs etc. they did look like each other but not identical.. my mum didnt have them neither did her sister. is there a chance that me or my sisters might have twins? i really cant shake that feeling

i have 2 kids one boy 7 and one girl 4 next month and hubby wants no 3 i want but somethings holding me back. but where ever i go i get told hury up its about time u did blah blah blah lolll

who can give me some onfo on twins or if u had twins did u have it in ur family etc would love to hear stories thx so much

merv
I don't know what the chances of you having twins would be, but I can tell you about my family:
My dad is a twin (he has a twin sister, so not identical), his brother had twins (identical twin boys) and my mother's brother is a twin (not identical). And with all that twin stuff going on in my family, I thought my chances would have been higher, but I am pregnant with just one little bub smile

I dont know the exact stats, but your chance of having twins is definitely increased if u have a family history of twins. Particularly fraternal (non-identical) because it means that the women in your family have a genetic predisposition to releasing several eggs in a cycle. Your partners history is not relevant, however your fathers history is, if the women in his family have non-identical twins this genetic code could have been passed onto you. Also your age has a big part to play in increasing your likleyhood, if your are over 35 your chances increase greatly. In my family my mothers grandmother and my fathers grandmother both had a set of non-identical set of twins, however they were both in there 40s. Therefore it may not be a genetic thing, but more an age thing, and thus I don't really think I have more chance of having twins, but I guess statistically I have more chance than someone who has zero family history. In saying that, I would love to have twins, what a blessing!

Chances also increase if you conceive while breastfeeding and if you conceive soon after a miscarriage or birth.
You can still have twins if they are notin your family. They will very likely be identical, which means one egg that separates after it has been fertilised. The chances are very slim something like 0.06%.
smile
i dont know why i get that feeling i mean i would love to it be a blessing i have 2 already so my family would be complete smile i would love to know more and can we find out if we relaese more then 2 eggs?
My pregnancy bible says the chances of a single bub is 99.7%, and .3% for twins. If you have a history in the family and have assisted embryos (IVF etc), then the chances are higher - but not much.

RIP Muffin. 25/06/95 - > 09/05/14

its a 23% chance of twins if they run in your family roughly. I fell pregnant with twins los one at 8 weeks, non identical and they were 3 days apart. so the chance of me falling pregnant with twins again is high but that dont mean its going to hsppen again. my darling daughter is now 5 nad half months smile

My pregnancy bible says the chances of a single bub is 99.7%, and .3% for twins. If you have a history in the family and have assisted embryos (IVF etc), then the chances are higher - but not much.

thx for that hun smile natural hun smile

its a 23% chance of twins if they run in your family roughly. I fell pregnant with twins los one at 8 weeks, non identical and they were 3 days apart. so the chance of me falling pregnant with twins again is high but that dont mean its going to hsppen again. my darling daughter is now 5 nad half months smile

i only know of my mums mum.. she said shes not sure about her mum etc sorry to hear that hun sad i realy wouldnt mind having twins its a blessing smile
I don't know what my chances are but I would say they may be high as:

My mum is a twin (fraternal)
My dad is a twin (fraternal)
Twin cousins (dads side) (fraternal)
Twin second cousins (dads side) (identical)

I hope one day I can have a set of twins too! It would be so much fun! smile

I don't know what my chances are but I would say they may be high as:

My mum is a twin (fraternal)
My dad is a twin (fraternal)
Twin cousins (dads side) (fraternal)
Twin second cousins (dads side) (identical)

I hope one day I can have a set of twins too! It would be so much fun! smile

i think ur chances r high how awesoem would that be smile i love twins always had such a blessing to have smile good luck hun hope u have twins smile
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site