We have provided you with some extra resources for more information on both breastfeeding and bottle feeding.
For breastfeeding assistance or support contact:
- The New Zealand Ministry of Health Website – Breastfeeding Section
- The Breastfeeding.org.nz Website
- The La Leche League
For further reading on breastfeeding go to: The Eating for Healthy Babies and Toddlers from Birth to 2 Years Old Brochure from the New Zealand Government Health Education Resources Website
For articles on breastfeeding visit the Health Insite website and search “breastfeeding”.
Breastfeeding Helpline Service
The service is an initiative of the New Zealand Ministry of Health and is staffed by registered nurses who will assess your health needs, and give information and advice to help you decide on the best care for both you and your baby.
The Well Child Telephone Advice Service, part of the WellChild / Tamariki Ora program, is available on the Healthline number. The Well Child/ Tamariki program is about babies, infants and toddlers and pre-schoolers under five years old and keeping them well, growing and developing to their fullest potential.
- Healthline is a free telephone service for 24-hour health information for the whole family. HEALTHLINE 0800 611 116
- For support, information or advice about breastfeeding contact your local Plunket Nurse or call PlunketLine 7am – midnight, 7 days a week. See our Plunket Feature# for further information. PLUNKETLINE 0800 933 922
For bottle feeding assistance or support contact:
- HEALTHLINE 0800 611 116
For further reading on bottle feeding go to:
- The Feeding Your Baby Infant Formula Brochure from the New Zealand Government Health Education Resources Website